General bandage care:
Your pet has been discharged with an elastopast support bandage.
Please ensure the following:
- Keep the bandage clean and dry at all times.
- Elastoplast shrinks when it gets wet and may disrupt the blood supply to the limb.
- Ensure you cover the foot with a waterproof layer if the ground is wet.
- Discourage your pet from licking or chewing at the bandage.
- Doing this excessively may indicate an underlying problem.
- if there is any excessive swelling around the bandage
- if it gets wet
- if your pet soils on it
- if it slips, rotates or changes form
- if your pet seems excessively irritated, uncomfortable or lethargic
Please return to the surgery in ___ days to have the bandage changed or removed.