Your pet has had surgery to stabilise the knee joint.
In order to ensure the success of this procedure, please:
- Confine your pet for a minimum period of 4-6 weeks in a small area where it is not able to jump or climb stairs. Slippery surfaces should also be avoided.
- Dogs may be leash walked 3-4 times daily for a period of 5-10 minutes per session.
- Do not wash your dog or allow it to swim until the stitches have been removed.
- The bandage needs to remain in place for a minimum period of 48 hours. Do not allow the bandage to get wet.
- Removal of stitches is required 10-14 days after the procedure.
- Please inform us immediately if your pet becomes depressed, stops eating or if you notice any abnormal swelling or discharge from the wound. Sudden deterioration in usage of the limb should also be a cause for concern.
- One can expect the following progress: Toe touching only at 10 days post operatively,60% weight bearing at 6 weeks and full benefit of surgery after 4 months