Your pet has undergone orthopaedic surgery to stabilize a bone fracture.
In order to ensure the success of this procedure:
- Please confine your pet for a minimum period of 6 weeks to a small area where it is not able to climb stairs or jump. Slippery surfaces should also be avoided.
- Dogs may be walked 3-4times a day for a period of 5-10 minutes per session
- Support bandages should be kept clean and dry at all time. Weekly bandage checks are required.
- Stitches will require removal 10-14 days after the procedure
- Please inform us immediately should your pet become depressed or stops eating or if you notice and abnormal swelling or discharge from the wound.
Sudden deterioration in usage of the operated limb should also be a cause for concern