Your pet has had a cranial cruciate repair using a TTAr technique.
In order to ensure the success of this procedure, please:
- Confine your pet for a minimum period of 6 weeks in a small area where it is not able to jump. Slippery surfaces should also be avoided.
- Dogs may be leash walked 3-4 times a day for a period of 5 minutes per session
- Removal of stitches is required in approximately 14 days after the day of surgery.
- Please inform us immediately if your pet becomes depressed or stops eating or if you notice any abnormal swelling or discharge from the wound. Sudden deterioration in usage of the limb would also be a cause for concern
- Follow up examination is required in 6 weeks time.X-rays will be taken and controlled swimming can be started after this consultation.
- Medication to be given as prescribed